Computer Vision & Graphics Research Engineer - VR, Virtual Reality, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, 3D Modeling, Maya, Blender, Unity, OpenGL, WebGL, Speech Animation, Object Segmentation, Human Pose Estimation - Pasadena, CA
Our client is backed by one of the most successful incubators in the world, and builds next generation interfaces to AI systems. They are part of HTC Vive's Accelerator and developing incredible applications for VR.
- As a member of the virtual avatar team, you will design, implement and test a complete pipeline to reconstruct and animate virtual avatars of people using commodity RGB cameras.
- Ability and passion to work with teams in a fast-paced, open-table culture start-up company is important.
- PhD/M.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in computer vision and computer graphics.
- Strong understanding of basic computer vision and computer graphics concepts.
- High proficiency in scripting languages, e.g., MATLAB, Python, for fast prototyping.
- High proficiency in C/C++ for fast implementation.
- General software development skills, including version control, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
Great to have:
- Experience in 3D modeling, especially full human body, face and hand modeling.
- Experience in object segmentation and human pose estimation from images.
- Experience in OpenGL or WebGL.
- Experience in speech animation.
- Experience in using 3D graphics/animation softwares, e.g., Maya, Blender, Unity, etc.
- Experience in development on VR platforms, e.g., HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, etc.
- Publication record in top computer vision/graphics conferences, e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH ASIA, etc.