Sales Engineer, Ad Tech Partner Integrations - SQL, Programmatic, Ad Servers, API Integrations, Requirement Gathering, Project Management, Performance Analytics, Testing, Troubleshooting, Upsell - New York, NY
Our ad tech client is looking for a Sales Engineer to own the whole lifecycle of partner integrations. This function is an essential resource during requirement gathering and testing as well as responsible for project management, performance analytics, troubleshooting, upsell and expansion of the partnership into a larger product suite. From design and conceptualization through to testing and deployment, you will oversee the technical execution and our platform partnerships.
Working closely with the Product, Engineering, Technical Operations and Business Development teams, the Sales Engineer, Partner Integrations will understand the technical requirements of integrating with various platforms, design solutions that deliver business and technical value, provide detailed product demonstrations and participate in in-depth technical discussions and presentations with prospective customers and business partners.
The position requires a strong background in ad serving architecture and methodology as well as an exceptional understanding of the programmatic ad serving landscape. Candidates must have the ability to present technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. The position is full time and based in the company's New York office.
The candidate must feel comfortable with rapid change, aggressive deadlines and be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment. The ability to communicate issues and solution approaches to senior management is imperative to success in this position.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of our products and services as well as the various integrations of our technology and data sets in other platforms.
- Quickly understand the technical and business level needs of a prospective customer or partner and explain how our integrated products can benefit them.
- Support and extend sales efforts for our suite of programmatic products and services.
- Project manage implementations of newly closed partnership deals including documentation; communications, meetings, and required meeting follow up.
- Provide timely, insightful feedback to the product management and research and development teams about the problems customers and prospects are trying to solve and suggest products/features that we could develop to meet the market's needs.
- Provide technical support on pre-sale calls including technical discussions, demonstrations, presentations and proofs-of-concept.
- Maintain and grow relationships with strategic partners including Ad Networks, DSPs, Exchanges and Trading Desks.
- Develop/analyze partner performance metrics to identify trends and insights in order to maximize monetization goals for both parties.
- Travel will be required as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales Engineer or similar client-facing technical role.
- Comprehensive understanding of the online media marketplace and experience with ad servers.
- Exceptional command of the programmatic ad serving environment.
- Strong analytical skills with good balance of conceptual and pragmatic thinking
- 2+ years of SQL experience.
- Solid data analysis and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, project / task prioritization and schedule development.
- Experience managing operational relationships with third-party vendors, including testing of new technologies and systems and process advisement.
- Ability to drive and maintain multiple API integration projects directly with partners’ developers and product teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels, both internally and externally.
- A proven track record of successful project management.
- Extremely detail oriented, comfortable working independently, extremely well organized, have the technical aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities. Ability to manage obstacles and incorporate sensitivity to cultural differences and divergent priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent/higher level of education.
- Experience integrating targeting and exclusion targeting data sets into programmatic environments.
- Experience integrating data feeds into data management platforms.
- Experience with FTP integrations.
- Expert in both server and client side web technology.
- Ability to perform remote or local software installation and testing depending on the customer requirements.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and a team player, who will hit the ground running.
- Vertica DB and Cognos BI experience a plus.
- Coding or scripting experience a plus.