Data Systems Administrator - Data Infrastructure, SQL/Relational, MPP, NoSQL, HP Vertica, SQL Server, MongoDB, TSQL, Python, Splunk, Ad Tech, RTB, DSP, DMP, Programmatic - New York, NY
Our client, a leader in the ad tech space, is seeking a DBA/Data Systems Admin that loves to ask questions and be on the cutting edge of big data technologies. The team is responsible for all technical data aspects of the company’s products. The company’s system is comprised of an extremely scalable, highly-available and rapidly-developing architecture, and includes big-data stores of all types - relational, massively-parallel-processing, and NoSQL. This individual will join a small yet highly capable and motivated team in order to maintain the system’s databases, and develop, integrate and deploy complex new modules - quickly and at scale.
- Maintain the system's databases (Vertica, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Develop, integrate and deploy complex new modules (TSQL, Python, Splunk)
- Design and support database infrastructure, with consideration for performance, availability, and specific application requirements.
- Work closely with other departments on the implementation and deployment of new initiatives
- 2+ years of database development and/or administration
- Software development experience is preferred
- Fast learner, creative thinker, problem solver.
- Must love big data
- Accountable, dedicated and willing to be on-call as needed
- Ad tech experience is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or other technical degree.