Data Scientist - R, Matlab, HP Vertica, SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Python, Ad Tech, RTB, DSP, Programmatic, Fraud Detection, Bot Fraud, Bot Networks, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning - New York, NY
Our client, an industry leader in fraud analytics and bot detection for online advertising, is seeking a Data Scientist to work on this incredibly challenging problem facing the ad tech industry. This is a great client of ours who we've been working with for the past 5+ years, and several of the people in this company were placed by us. Most of the data is organized into columnar SQL queryable format on HP Vertica. Fraud analysis is at the heart of this role.
- Build statistical models for various problems including: projections, clustering, classification, sampling, etc.
- Author formulas and algorithms to solve qualitative and quantitative problems
- Conduct researches and perform proof-of-concepts involving analysis of terabytes of data
- Publish data driven white papers and technical articles
- Represent us at accreditation and auditing processes
- Stay on top of industry's achievements and capabilities and enrich the knowledge of the organization
- Come up with superb visualizations and illustrations of data
- Write production quality code while implementing your own ideas
- MBA or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in analysis and modeling of large complex datasets
- Expert level in R, Matlab or a similar environment
- Experience working with big data using technologies such as SQL, Hive/Hadoop.
- You have experience with a programming/scripting language like Python
- Technically proficient in mathematics, statistics and computer science
- Understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a big data setting