Full Stack Software Development Engineer - Java, PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, SOA, REST APIs, Agile, Scrum, NoSQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Matlab, R - Pasadena, CA
Our stealth-mode, well-funded client is developing next generation interfaces for artificial intelligence systems. We are seeking a full stack Software Development Engineer to collaborate with senior machine learning engineers and researchers to lead the build of consumer applications and prototypes.
- Experience with relevant tools and platforms such as Java, PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX.
- Technical expertise in web systems architecture, design, maintenance, administration and development on the Linux platform.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- 0-2 years of professional work experience, a recent graduate is acceptable
- Develop highly secure service oriented architecture (SOA) to properly manage and deliver our content leveraging open source stacks.
- Implement client-server APIs that allow machine interactions with our systems.
- Work with third-party partners to achieve smooth interoperability with our system.
- Participate in a highly visible software development and quality assurance process.
- Work with the IT department to manage deployments and upgrades.
- Work with the Design team to implement user interface requirements and to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- Work with team and managers to help define software release products and development cycles.
- Deliver clear documentation of requirements and system software, development tools, and other support systems and infrastructure. Will also create clear documented test results, and participate in software readiness reviews.
- Experienced with agile development methodologies like Scrum.
- Commitment to software development practices like design patterns, defensive programming, and unit testing.
- Desire to design and implement solutions with significant data dependencies with NoSQL platforms in addition to traditional relational database platforms when appropriate.
- Knowledge of MapReduce, preferably using the Hadoop platform.
- Understanding of asynchronous event driven architectures.
- Ability to collaboratively architect high-availability and high-scalability systems.
Nice to have:
- Knowledgeable about information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Platforms such as Matlab
- Experience in coding for Operating Systems such as Android, iOS, Mac, Linux and Windows