Vice President, Engineering - Ad Tech, RTB, DMP, Agile, SCRUM, Big Data, Online Advertising, Real-Time Bidding, Search, Distributed Computing, AWS, Amazon Redshift, Python, Hadoop, Apache Spark, HBase, Kafka, Impala, Vertica, Aerospike - New York, NY
Our ad tech/RTB platform client needs a VP, Engineering to empower our engineering teams to help us keep up this rate of growth. As VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for managing our development and QA groups, recommending and implementing new practices and policies, and establishing goals for Agile Scrum teams. As we grow, you will help us maintain a startup’s vibe, efficiency, and focus, even as we take on more projects and new product areas.
The primary responsibilities of the Vice President, Engineering will include:
- Owning architecture, design, execution, quality assurance and delivery of our Media and Online Advertising line of products
- Providing process leadership and direction for Scrum teams
- Improving and standardizing development, testing, and release processes
- Inspire, grow, and mentor awesome engineering teams in New York and London
- You have managed multiple engineering and QA teams in startup environment
- You have a track record with Scrum, and a history of incrementally improving agility of engineering teams
- You know what it takes to work with a high volume of requests and big data
- You enjoy people management as much as, or more than, technical leadership
- You value a light touch and distributed authority, but recognize the difference between "no process" and "light-weight process"
- You are passionate about Online Advertising and/or Marketing Tech
- Extra credit: Experience with Python, Apache Spark, HBase, Apache Kafka, Impala, Vertica, Aerospike