DevOps Lead Engineer - Infrastructure, Automation, Tooling, SysAdmin, DBA, MongoDB, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS, Ruby on Rails - Redwood City, CA
Our client organizes the world's social information and digital signals by geolocation in order to provide a real-time understanding of what's happening anywhere in the world.
We are seeking a DevOps Lead that can connect these dots: Our platform indexes tens of millions of social updates daily. We have one of the largest MongoDB installations in the world. We also have one of the largest location based technology footprints in AWS. Our customers expect 5-nines availability. We take uptime very seriously.
- 3+ years experience in a sysadmin / devops / ops role at a web or mobile company
- Direct experience of a large production MongoDB installation in a sysadmin / devops / engineering capacity
- Experience managing large-scale AWS installations
- Demonstrable experience driving systems automation using an established automation tool (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Sufficiently a generalist to straddle traditional devops and DBA roles
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation
- Experience managing and scaling Ruby-on-Rails applications