Database Administrator - DevOps, Automation, Chef, Puppet, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, NoSQL, RDBMS, Oracel, MySQL, Postgresql, Perl, Python, Ruby, AWS, Rackspace, Cloud - Redwood City, CA
Our client organizes the world's social information and digital signals by geolocation in order to provide a real-time understanding of what's happening anywhere in the world.
We're seeking an experienced DBA with DevOps experience who is accustomed to working with an extremely fast-paced team. This position will be responsible for owning the database infrastructure, proactively keeping it problem-free, and ensuring that it scales to meet the needs of the business.
- 1-2 years administering production MongoDB environments OR 5-6 years experience with managing large scale production RDBMS environments and some experience with other NOSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience working with large volumes of data and modeling best practices
- Mid- to senior-level scripting experience (Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Experience supporting cloud based environments – AWS/Rackspace/Joyent is a must!
- Ideal candidate has experience with Mongo (NoSQL), Cassandra, or Couch, but experience with traditional SQL databases (i.e. Oracle, MySQL, Postgres) is acceptable if paired with cloud and scripting experience
- Experience with automation (Chef/Puppet)
- Must be able to straddle traditional operational and database admin roles
- Fast learner, creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to participate in on-call rotation