DevOps Engineer - Performance, Stability, Scalability - Linux, Bash, AWS, Python, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Graphite, Tasseo, Cacti, Munin - New York, NY
Our ad tech client dynamically creates and deploys many thousands of permutations of video ads for major brand advertisers and uses machine learning and computational techniques to personalize these videos and messages to consumers. Their systems handle in excess of 150,000 requests per second. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer, who will be in charge of the overall stability and performance of our market-first cloud-based infrastructure, while providing the engineers with the right tools for efficient development. This position will be working closely with the CTO and System Architects to build an innovative infrastructure focusing on performance, stability and scalability.
As DevOps Engineer, you will be working with our dev team on continuous deployment, management and monitoring of our distributed systems spanning thousands of instances along with our current Continuous Deployment Infrastructure (Jenkins). You will have full ownership of developing your own deployment tools, workflows and processes on AWS (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack). This position is also responsible for establishing and managing the monitoring, alerting and visualization tools (Graphite, Tasseo, Cacti, Munin).You will actively participate in hands-on team projects alongside our CTO, Developers and Architects to execute strategic platform initiatives.The ideal candidate will be creative and genuinely curious about technology, and proud to show what you’ve created.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, fix or prevent production performance bottlenecks
- Launch and manage all monitoring, alerting, and visualization tools
- Work closely with CTO, Developers & Architects to craft and present tactical platform initiatives
- Create and maintain your own deployment tools as well as the company's, along with developing their workflows and procedures
- Maintain large scale, distributed systems spanning thousands of instances
- 4+ years of experience with infrastructure, databases, and networking
- Strong Linux admin experience; capable of operating Linux systems including but not limited to analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, scripting and maintenance
- Proven experience & knowledge of Python
- Solid Linux scripting skills (Bash, ZSH)
- Open source and SaaS monitoring and visualization tool
- Professional experience operating Amazon AWS solutions
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Computer Science or Math background is an advantage
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan