Chief Technology Officer, CTO - R&D Center, Big Data, Computational Advertising, Data Management Platform, DMP, Distributed Computing, Machine Learning, Hadoop, Apache Storm, Apache Spark - Beijing, China - full relo
Full relocation to Beijing, China including work visas, travel arrangements and other logistics are provided by the client
Founded in 2011, our client, a leader in China in data management platform (DMP) technologies for online advertising, marketing technology providers, credit reporting and monitoring agencies, banking, credit card and other lending institutions, and other similar big data clients, is seeking a Chief Technology Officer, CTO to lead the company's product R&D team of currently 150+ programmers, architects, systems engineers and data professionals through our next stage of growth.
Recently funded with $60M USD, in partnership with the largest of China's Mobile, Telecom, and Internet companies, installed at the data centers in every district within China and with their own data center, our client accesses an ultra-massive set of logged data from all of China, with additional access to social network content across the country's largest social network, resulting in processed data of 1+ petabyte daily.
- Responsible for the R&D team including product, platform, and data management engineering.
- Supervise and guide the R&D center, and plan to expand and develop a high-performance team.
- Working with and reporting directly to the CEO, plan the company's product and technology roadmap, organizational development and implementation of major product technology decisions and programs to achieve the company's product innovation goals.
- Understand and monitor the implementation of technical strategic planning.
- Design and implementation the products to enhance the competitiveness of our position within markets.
- Optimization and management of the R&D workflow, improve the efficiency, iterate, automate.
- Mandarin Chinese - Native Fluency or Professional Proficiency Required
- English - formal/informal conversational capability is preferred
- 10+ years of experience at within internet software companies, with direct team supervision/management of 50+ engineers; entrepreneurial/startup team leadership experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as CTO, VP of Engineering and/or Technical Director.
- Management experience in scalable, distributed computing software products is preferred.
- Deep understanding of big data and/or digital advertising industry.
- Big data industry experience, with an international perspective, understanding global technology developments, and technology from the perspective of the customer and the business.
- Strong cross-team communication and coordination ability, able to work closely with a product marketing team, able to design products which address market needs; capable of working closely with Product Development team, and history of delivering incremental Agile releases of product to market through multiple released versions.
- Honest, trustworthy, dedicated, sincere, entrepreneurial attitude, able to work under high pressure, and capable of growing with the company's growth.
- Relational and NoSQL database experience required, OOP and functional programming experience such as C, C++, Java, Python, shell scripting, Scala, Clojure, Golang, etc.
- Strong systems engineering experience on Linux systems in distributed computing, cloud and multiple data center deployments.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and building scalable data and backend systems involving cloud, NoSQL and distributed computing pipelines.
- REST API management experience, service oriented architectures.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Mahout, Cassandra, Redis, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, YARN/Hadoop 2.0, Apache Spark, Spark Streaming, AWS and/or similar big data technologies is required.
- Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computational Mathematics, or other math-related field.