Vice President, Data Science - Ad Tech, RTB, DMP, DSP, Programmatic, Video, Mobile - Predictive Modeling, Machine Learning, R, Vowpal Wabbit, Hive, Pig, Apache Flume, Kafka, HBase, Aerospike, Redis - Remotely from USA or Bengaluru, India
Location would preferably be out of Bengaluru, India but we are open to the person working mostly out of US with occasional trips to India.
This will be a crucial leadership role at our ad tech client and will help the company strategize all the efforts around Data and Algorithms. It will also play a key strategic role within the technology organization. The VP, Data Science will lead a team of data scientists and developers who will be working on various optimization initiatives across the company. The VP, Data Science will report to the CEO and also partner with key stakeholders like the CTO, VP of Engineering and VP of Products.
- Build, lead and manage the data science team working on various initiatives across the company.
- Help develop a strategic research roadmap
- Serve as a primary person to consult on complex data science issues
- Closely work and collaborate with cross-functional leaders - Engineering, Products, Sales - and help identify key industry trends and refine roadmap.
- Help business leaders identify opportunities where machine learning, data mining can be leveraged to boost campaign performance.
- Nice to have: Established industry credibility by presenting ideas in conferences, speaking engagements, white papers, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- 12+ years of overall industry experience.
- 5+ years of relevant data science and engineering experience working with large data sets.
- PhD in computer science, stats or related field will be a plus
- Proven data science research background
- Proven ability to successfully drive data science projects to completion.
- Very good understanding of trends in big-data and also experience with analysis tools.
- Excellent communication skills so that complex quantitative analysis can be presented in a clear and effective manner.
- Prior experience in online advertising is a plus.
Stack of Technologies:
- R, Vowpal Wabbit, Hive, Pig to build models. Production computational pipeline mostly has hive, pig. Started exploring Scala, etc.
- Apache Flume and Kafka. System is evolving and should soon have a pretty good layer of real-time analytics before the data goes into a persistent store. Currently leverage S3 for persistence.
- HBase, Aerospike, Redis a lot throughout the stack.
- Early days with Apache Spark. Exploring it both from a streaming perspective as well as from a Hive replacement perspective.