Director, New Business Development - Full Service Agency, Advertising, Marketing, Production, Print, TV, Television, Radio, Web, Digital, Interactive, Boutique Agency - New York, NY
Our client, a full service Agency with production experience in Advertising, Marketing, Print, a lot of TV, Radio, Web, Digital and Interactive, is seeking a Director, New Business Development to proactively search and engage potential clients. This position requires a goal-driven, charismatic and eloquent leader. We need someone who is a hunter. Who will be aggressive (in a good way) following up on leads and making connections. Must have at least 5 years of experience.
- Prospect, qualify, lead pitches and presentations
- Develop a personal & professional networks of people with sufficient influence to become referral feeders
- Ensure the Sales Process is followed with all Activities: Leads, Accounts
- Contacts, and Opportunities tracked daily in Salesforce.com
- Lead or chair the New Business Development Committee and all supporting marketing activities
Effectiveness in this role will be measured as follows:
- Meeting the annual agreed upon revenue and pipeline goals
- Pre-qualifying suspects in accordance with Agency Requirements
- 52 people (1 person per week) must be identified with explanation of influence and reflecting a plan of activity designed to secure referrals
- Increasing the contributions of the committee/staff members as referral feeders
- Utilizing appropriate sales tools or a tool that’s been approved by the CEO
- Developing an agenda of weekly projects with goals, and activity timelines. A permanent agenda item is the New Business Director’s review of the opportunity pipeline (as reflected in salesforce.com)
- Assigning project managers and provide oversight to insure goals and timelines are met
- Designating the appropriate internal practice manager partner for Qualification (i.e. conference call)
- Delegating the appropriate person to write credentialing documents (i.e. RFP, RFI)—new business director should outline the “compelling case”.
- Edit, approve, and insure client requirements are covered and the compelling case has been proved before the final submissions.
- Participating in the planning process of the pitch and continuing to provide insights from the new business client that will give us the upper hand in
- Fully utilize Salesforce.com for all new business activities and keeping it up-to-date 24/7
- Insure the prospect database is consistent with our strategic targets.
- Meet all monthly behavior goals as illustrated on the Salesforce.com Dashboard
- Send a weekly activities report to CEO
- Perform a Quarterly performance review (i.e. goals versus actual)