Lead Data Scientist - Predictive Modeling, Statistical Optimization, Machine Learning, Ad Tech, RTB, DSP, DMP, SSP, Dynamic Video Creative, Scala, R, Matlab, Python, C++, SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark - New York, NY
Our ad tech client dynamically creates and deploys thousands of permutations of ecommerce retailer client products for display and video advertising in RTB. As Lead Data Scientist, you will develop, implement and test models for online advertising optimization. Strong knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques such as Bayesian models, regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, SVM, ensemble methods, collaborative filtering, lookalike models i.e. K-nearest neighbors, association rules, and matrix factorization.
- Build predictive models that will be used in production.
- Collaborate with data engineers for data requirements gathering.
- Mentor and grow a small team of data scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical or data mining techniques to solve real problems
- Experience in online advertising, marketing analytics, behavioral targeting or web analytics desired
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large amounts of data
- Experience with statistical software such as Matlab, R, SAS, SPSS, S-Plus
- Knowledge of SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data from them
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, YARN, Apache Spark is a plus
- Programming ability with Python, Scala, C++ is a plus
- Communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Physics, Artificial Intelligence is a strong plus