Back End Software Engineer - Ad Serving, RTB, Real Time Bidding - Go Language / Golang, Python, Aerospike, MongoDB, NoSQL, APIs, Java, Scala - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Please note: If you are not local to Amsterdam, relocation assistance and work visas will be provided by the client
Our ad tech client delivers scalable performance display advertising solutions. The company delivers full transparency in combination with full performance. The technology is built for direct advertisers, and intelligently targets users and optimizes campaigns, allowing advertisers to transform first and third party data into actionable, revenue-driving results. Our client was founded by ad agency people, engineers and computer scientists and currently employs over 70 people in 6 offices worldwide. More offices opening in the near future, including an office within the United States.
As a Back End Software Engineer, your focus will be on designing, building and maintaining the platform's ad serving and RTB bidding systems and APIs. Develop ad systems that handle tens to hundreds of thousands of requests per second at low latency. Our software engineers write both unit and integration tests to ensure high quality of our products. Work with a team of highly skilled professionals with experience in the ad tech/display advertising space. The ideal candidate can show us some existing Go and/or Python code and has experience with low-latency web services.
- 2+ years of hands-on programming experience using Go language / golang, Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Working knowledge of Ad Exchanges, RTB, bidding algorithms and the display ad standards and APIs
- Prior experience building ad serving systems
- Working experience with NoSQL systems, preferably MongoDB and/or Aerospike
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Exercise good judgment about which tools to use and when to use them
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent practical experience