As Senior Python Engineer, DevOps Automation and Tooling, you will be responsible for building and supporting the application infrastructure of one of the largest ecommerce sites in the world. This will require you to maintain high site uptime while embracing rapid change and growth using a strong devops mindset of continuous delivery and site automation. This is a demanding role that requires deep technical knowledge, adaptability, hands on execution, and a ruthless drive towards higher levels of availability.
In this role:
- You will have a maniacal focus on site uptime
- Engineer application infrastructure that is reliable, efficient, and maintainable
- Partner closely with software engineering teams using a strong devops mindset
- Constantly improve operational processes and efficiency
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier web problems that span a number of different platforms
- Automate production operations processes
- Automate continuous integration and deployment processes
- Deliver infrastructure requests for software projects on time
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure site uptime and performance
- Define, measure, and meet key operational metrics including site performance, incidents and chronic problems, site traffic and conversion, etc
- Participate in a 24x7x365 support rotation for a website that never sleeps
- Advanced knowledge of Python including object-oriented programming.
- Advanced knowledge of Django – beyond models, views, URLs, and templates, you have written powerful middleware, context processors, template tags and filters.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and cross-browser development.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services.
- Understanding and use of Virtualenv, Pip, Fabric, PyUnit.
- Caching, scaling, and front-to-back performance best practices.
- Comfortable working in Linux environments.
- Agile Development and Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with message driven or event driven frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus.
- Familiarity with Vagrant, Puppet and Docker is a plus.