Director, Client Services - Media, Technology & Audience Management Solutions - Agency Partners & Clients, Media Buying, P&L Responsibility, Programmatic Direct, DSP, DMP, Audience Data, RTB, Ad Tech - New York, NY
Our client, a major Media, Technology & Audience Management solution provider working within the world's largest media investment company, is looking for a key contributor in their sustained run of growth and success. The Director, Client Services will manage a team to deliver successful programmatic campaigns and strengthen agency relationships. This liaison will engage with all levels of client and agency stakeholders to promote the further adoption of the our services and product business.
This is a high profile position with a wealth of opportunities for professional and personal growth. To be successful, you will be hungry, ambitious, and able to execute on your vision. You will be a thought leader and strategic thinker, helping to evangelize our approach within the parent media company, your advertiser clients and the digital media ecosystem. You will meet regularly with team leads and senior executives from our agencies and industry partners to discuss our unique audience buying approach, apply key insights to address client business challenges, and identify new opportunities for joint success. You will be approachable and authoritative, able to engage all levels of agency management with conviction and poise.
You will collaborate with a group of extremely dedicated coworkers and clients who are all passionate about digital media. You will unify a team of account managers, strategists, analysts and campaign managers into a cohesive unit, and apply those skills to solving varied client objectives. You will thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and revel in your role at the vanguard of the digital buying ecosystem.
The Director, Client Services will take ownership and accountability for managing all client relationships within his/her assigned book of business. S/he will oversee the profitability of those clients and accounts and ensure the proper integration and execution of campaigns throughout the various teams within our organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Relationship Building. Meet regularly with all levels of agency partners to identify and qualify business opportunities, evaluate our service levels, and establish and monitor KPIs and performance metrics of campaigns
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new agency clients
- Establish and develop relations with key agency stakeholders, and evaluate & refine group dynamics between the Agency, Client, and our teams.
- Provide strategic input and advice in developing creative solutions to meet our agencies/clients' marketing goals
- Team Building. Manage a cross-functional team, leading the growth and development from entry-level associates through to manager-level staff
- Evaluate and develop talent of the staff on your assigned agency teams to maintain the highest level of service and expertise in our business
- Identify training needs and develop recommendations for building the skills and knowledge of our people
- Act as a mentor to our experienced and senior-level staff and help develop their leadership skills
- P&L Responsibility. Take full ownership of your assigned agency team P&Ls
- Accurately forecast anticipated billing/revenue pipeline and identify areas for growth in managed services and our products
- Maintain agency team budgets and re-forecast when necessary
- Manage direct costs, such as staff costs, training budgets, expenses, etc.
- Grow billings and revenue from our agency business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field preferred, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience of building and leading an account management or client services function within an agency, network or ad tech company
- 8+ years of experience in the digital marketing/advertising industry with a deep understanding of digital marketing goals and best practices
- Proven experience working with Fortune 500 clients running large and multichannel digital media campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of the digital media ecosystem
- A passion for digital marketing, audience buying and emerging ad technologies
- Thorough knowledge of audience data can be applied to media buying and audience targeting strategy
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willing to lead the business to the next level
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong quantitative analytical skills
- Sound business judgment and commercial acumen
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technology and business concepts quickly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to translate complex and detailed information in a simplified and understandable manner