Lead Build & Release Engineer - Major E-Commerce Retailer - WCBD, Ant, Maven, CruiseControl, Opsware SAS, RHEL RPM, Websphere Commerce, WCS - Austin, TX
- Research, design, plan, implement, and test technologies and processes that compile, package, and deploy J2EE and mobile web applications.
- Support existing build and deploy technologies and processes.
- Perform root cause analysis for more complex build and deploy failures; review root cause analyses performed by more junior resources.
- Collaborate with teammates and other functional stakeholders on strategic initiatives, providing technical leadership and advocating for best-practices.
- Manage installation, maintenance and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Manage and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide expert technical direction to Sr. System, System, Associate Engineers and contractors.
- Manage store & corporate engineering and roll-out implementation.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures on complex projects.
- Interface with Business Stakeholders on all applicable projects. Update manager on all escalated issues.
- BS Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years experience as an enterprise-level Build & Release Engineer; we are looking for an experienced Build expert.
- Experience supporting and maintaining existing technologies and processes while also researching, prototyping, and implementing cutting-edge solutions.
- Strong debugging skills are required; intellectual curiosity and critical thinking is a must
- Experience automating the build, packaging, and deployment of complex J2EE/Websphere applications using build frameworks such as WCBD, Ant, Maven and Jenkins. Websphere Commerce experience would be a huge plus.
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment scripts into a large scale environment without application downtime that includes both traditional and mobile web technologies.
- Experience automating the deployment and configuration of Websphere based applications to AIX/Linux servers using tools such as Opsware SAS, RHEL RPM, and custom tools.
- Strong scripting and automation background.
- Must be comfortable with a variety of scripting languages such as Perl, Korn shell, ANT, and JACL
- Strong understanding of SCM concepts such as branching, merging, and baseline management; experience with SVN a plus.
- Experience with artifact and dependency management, processes, and technologies a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner to Management.
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Experience developing new application systems for production.
Just Dial REC-RUI-TING
which is 732-784-8464 or
Enter your phone number above
and we'll call you right now!