Data Visualization Expert, Designer - Online Advertising, Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Visio, GWT, UI, CSS - Reston, VA
In this role you will design and communicate visual and graphical representations of complex data. Our goal is to take complex information and present it to the user in the simplest, most accessible form possible. You will design both interactive information-visualization interfaces, as well as more static content in a variety of media. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative, agile team to jointly design and implement high visibility applications and media.
The position will play a crucial role in designing the interface reporting of our targeting platform. This platform is the proprietary model by which we perform our online ad targeting for our customers.
- Design user interfaces and interactive components to allow users to explore and understand complex, dynamic data sets
- Design graphical representations to simplify and enhance understanding of complex statistical data
- Will work cross-functionally with software development and product management teams, in addition to the marketing team
- Implement and communicate designs using a variety of tools, including Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Visio, CSS, storyboarding, etc..
- Design attractive, "production ready" visuals and graphics
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 5+ experience in design with specialization in information and data visualization
- Experience designing web-components or interfaces
- Experience working with or within a development team
- Experience communicating statistical data or large data sets.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Experience in advertising network, digital media agency, or other advertising related experience a plus.
- True start-up mentality and experience or familiarity with short and iterative cycles.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Experience with CSS a plus
- Degree in Graphic Design, or Visual Communication a strong plus